Sunday, August 3, 2008

Weekend Frenzy!



Boy oh boy... Today is a day of rest and I am so glad!
This weekend was a crazy whirlwind of last minute cake orders on top of normal "family" plans.
Rushing around, living off of caffeine, and lack of sleep has made be a bit crazier then normal.
I love the "rummy" card cake I made to celebrate a man's 80th birthday. It was a surprise for him so I had to rush and deliver it and get out! (My bright pink chef's coat may have tipped him off had he walked in while I was there:) Kuddos to his family for talking the time to make his 80th be a huge extra special event. Anyone who lives that many years should get the most elaborate celebrations possible (in my humble opinion). The cards are fondant/gumpaste mix and the cake is fondant covered and painted to look like a wood grain table. It made me want to break out the cards and play the game that I haven't played since I was a teen!
The other difficult cake this weekend was Scrabble. Thanks to Duff and all the wonderful guys at Charm City cakes I get people wanting this cake all the time!
it's a great cake but oh so time consuming and oh so hard to get every little detail perfect- put that all into play with a last minute order and it could spell a CAKE DISASTER! Thankfully we pulled this one off without a hitch (other then the no sleep thing). My hunny got a big hug for free handing the "Scrabble"logo onto the cake for me. He is so talented! We already knew we were a match made in heaven- but his unique talent for awsome handwriting has helped us see that we really work great together!

No comments: