Tuesday, August 18, 2009

It's official!


Yes, it's official!

School is back in and this year we hit another milestone in my home: 3, yes 3, of my children are in school this year. I have a Kindergartner again! Only 1 left with me at home- THIS is big!

In honor of my little girl becoming a "big kid" we are heading out to a new cup cakery in Overland Park called Smallcakes, where my big kid will get to choose the cupcake of her choice. I love getting to see what other bakers do too :)

Since we are honoring this milestone in my house with a cupcake I thought it only fitting to also inform you that the Guinness Book of World Record's recorded the World's biggest cupcake yesterday. This has not been an easy feet. Duff Goldman of Charm City cakes and the hit show "Ace of Cakes" had won the title only to be later stripped of it. So my hat is off to the awesome team that pulled off this monstrous cake!
I'm posting the story below:

Cruise cupcake proves that bigger is better

By CECIL ANGEL
FREE PRESS STAFF WRITER

At 13 Mile and Woodward in the Firestone’s parking lot Ryan Abood’s triple vanilla cupcake with a pink topping made it into the Guinness Book of World Records.

The 1,224 pound cupcake was a curiosity to many revelers and passers-by at the Dream Cruise, some of whom stopped to have their picture taken next to it, or to munch on the samples.

The 7–foot cupcake was a fundraiser for Passionately Pink for Cure, a program of Susan G. Komen for the Cure.

Abood’s company, GourmetGiftsBasket.com, pulled off the feat with help from Merengue Bakery CafĂ© of California and Jensen Industries in Whitmore Lake that loaned them their oven, which generally is used to bake the wings of aircraft.

The cake, which took 12 hours to bake, contains 700 pounds of batter, which includes 800 eggs, 200 pounds of sugar and 200 pounds of flour.

“It’s estimated to be around 2 million calories,’’ Abood said.

No comments: