Thursday, December 3, 2009

Princess Castle Cake


Ok- so I decided that I've had enough Halloween posts in Dec. It's just not feeling right.

This cake was ordered last minute, but was requested to be pink, princess-ey. I consider these 2 things to be my expertise since I do have 3 daughters.

This cake was really a lot of time to make, but I love the way it turned out... you could see yourself standing outside of this, in a princess dress, singing about a prince-right?!

The cake was 2 rounds stacked. The towers were gumpaste, the turrets were rice crispie treats shaped, then covered in small circles of gumpaste.

The flowers were also gumpaste. The finished product was covered in sparkly luster dust, and viola! Castle fit for a princess.

This was a lot of fun to make!

I think I have some tree trimming to do now.

No comments: