Thursday, May 13, 2010

Moving Day


It is with a heavy heart that I announce here that "Cake Affection- A Kansas Cakery" is soon to become a Michigan Cakery.

I have enjoyed sharing in all the sweet celebrations of my many clients in this area, and will miss the future celebrations. I do have a list of very talented bakers int he area on my website under the "info" tab- so give one of those ladies a call should you need an amazing cake for a special event.

My husband was offered a new job with an awesome company and a deal we cannot pass up! I plan to reopen in South West Michigan once I get everything in order there. Life here is becoming chaotic as I have last minute cakes to finish up, packing to do, and year end school events jam packing the schedule tight. Not to mention: playdates, dinners and good-byes to all of our wonderful friends here.

Today's cake has nothing to do with any of the above, but I wanted to share it as I think it is really cute! A ruffled cake,(made with a ruffle cutter). The flower on top was made with a leaf cutter in 2 sizes, and the broach for the bow was made with edible dragee's onto a piece of cutout fondant.

No comments: