Friday, August 15, 2008

Bridal shower Lingerie


I must admit that this cake was actually really enjoyable to make. I found it even funnier when a friend (who also makes cakes) emailed me and said she had also just finished a "boob" cake and she also really enjoyed making it.

It makes no sense to me- but this was fun, and for a Bridal Shower. I prayed all the while making it (as I do with all my cakes). However, this time I asked for this bride and her husband to have a lasting marriage. It's all fun and games until real life hits (SMACK!!). I believe God has made marriage to last and heard a survey that said people who were unhappy and divorced in 4 yrs were still.... unhappy. However, those that stayed married and stuck it through the "unhappy" times were in 4 yrs.... happy! I figured the best thing I could do for this dear bride to be and her husband was pray like crazy that they won't give in when tough times come.

This is carved from a 10" square. Covered in fondant, painted with luster dust, with modeling clay roses-(which is really fun stuff to make for your kids to play with- see recipe below!)

Chocolate Modeling Clay
14 oz. chocolate chips (any flavor, milk, white, semi, swirl)
1/3 C karo syrup

Melt the chocolate in the microwave slowly- stopping to stir every 10-15 seconds. This is important! Don't overheat!
Once totally melted, stir in Karo and stir.
Dump it out onto parchment or wax paper and let set a few hrs- viola! Edible dough to play with!

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

So I just died laughing! So funny that we were both doing boob cakes at the same time. Hysterical! I am going to post a picture of my boob cake on my website tonight.