Monday, August 25, 2008

No cakes? What we do?



Well, I have now officially finished my last cake orders before I have to take time off for an upcoming surgery. Whew! This weekend was a lot of work! I'm glad it's Monday, my day of rest.
They all turned out really cute and I will be posting pictures of them tomorrow.

You might wonder what we do for fun in our house when things aren't all crazy for cakes. Well, you take one out of this world wacky man: 4 children: and a history of weird and exotic trips and you have..... viola.... fun in our house!

Daddy loves to entertain with stories of his travels to virtually unknown lands, explaining the mysterious foods they eat and their foreign rituals, along with showing all the prized possessions he acquired.

This day, he was recounting his expedition to Papua New Guinea (if you are curious you can pick up the book "Beyond Fear- A harrowing Journey " about this trip in any bookstore or order it cheaper online) He had out his bags, while the kids listened with intrigue to him recount what Papuans use these things for.

The "baby" in our house is still small enough to help her daddy recount times in the jungle.

No comments: