Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Radiohead



I had a request for a client who wanted to surprise his wife with a cake.

She loves the Food Network, loves watching Ace of Cakes, and would apprecite a cake made just for her- said her thoughtful hubby.


When he called to order he had no idea what style or type so I asked him to think about what she likes an get back with me- and did he ever!

He decided on a cake after her favortive band- Radiohead. He actually drew me a picture of their logo and asked that I somehow put a few lines (he had very specific lines) from a song called "True Love Waits." He asked for the cake to be 3-D.


While I recall the badn from years ago I had to research what this band was all about- their symbols and logos and was a bit bummed that it wasn't more girly. I REALLY had to resist covering this cake in luster dust to make it "sparkle". (I fought that idea to the end!)


After it's all said and done it turned out nicely in a weird alternative kind of way. The lyrics on the back read "And true love waits

In haunted attics

And true love lives

On lollipops and crisps"


I hope she likes it and feels..... loved.

No comments: