Monday, July 20, 2009

Blue's not blue!


What a weekend!

I usually use Monday as a day to rest since a lot of times I am busy with cakes on the weekends. (Not to mention family stuff too!)

This cake I took as a last minute order and while I was sure I could some of it off, I wasn't sure the whole thing would come together as nicely as it did.

Blue (from Nick Jr's Blue's Clues) could have ended up being very blue, but the humidity was low, the temperatures mild and this all equaled dreamy conditions for cake making and gumpaste drying!

This doggy is totally edible. Her ears and hat are made out of gumpaste. Her legs are all make out of finely crushed rice krispie treats.
She's covered in fondant and is sprayed in Luster dust.

I think she turned out cute and especially where I did not have a lot of time to plan for how I would make her or support her! And I hope to hear a response from the little girl whose Daddy got her this great cake!

No comments: