Thursday, July 9, 2009

Humidor vs the humidity



Well a crazy busy summer is half way over. I must say that I'm thankful the humidity has held off as long as it has- it makes things take SO MUCH LONGER!
The perfectionist in me has to let go on some of these issues. I'm getting a de-humidifier to see if this can help me in the kitchen. I have high hopes!

I did this cake last week for a women having a surprise party for her hubby, who was turning 30.
The lid to this cake was a beast in this humidity, but I finally got it.

Mikes wife was elated when she came to get it. She even gave me a hug :) It made all the stress of putting it together worth it, and I hope Mike liked it as much as she did. I'm sure it made his surprise even sweeter, as it looked so real!

You can't really see from the pictures, but I did also make a cigar cutter, a box of matches and some match sticks to set in the box.
Getting all of the cigars to be the same shape and size took quite awhile as well.

And yes- EVERYTHING is edible on this cake, except the wooden rods holding up the lid!

No comments: