Friday, October 9, 2009

Ok Sugar Show 2009




This Past weekend was the date of one of the most fabulous sugar art competitions that exist in America.... The Oklahoma Sugar Art Show. It takes place during the state fair in Tulsa.
Sound familiar? Food Network usually does a special following a few of the competitors.

People not only come from all over the country to put their cake on display- but from all over the world. The talent is good, really good!

Fortunately for me, Tulsa isn't very far away from where I live. Unfortunately for me, I had a wedding cake that needed to be set up right in the middle o the day so there was no swinging me going to the fabulous competition.
Fortunately, I have other cake people who take and post photos of what I missed. This year the theme was "Of Sea and Shore".

I'm not posting any pics of the winners, just a few photos of cakes that are amazing. Stay tuned for the winning cakes!

The first photo is hand painted- WOW! Not to mention the detail on the bottom of the cake!
The second photo is an amazing mix of either royal or a new product called Sugarveil, and fondant. Gorgeous and modern. Perfect for todays brides!
The third pic I think is a stencil. Hard to manage those, and it is done wonderfully. I love the golden hue against the chocolate brown fondant. LOVE IT!

Ok- I'm done for today, go practice your cake skills and you can plan to be at this competion next year!

No comments: