Monday, October 5, 2009

The wedding that made me covet



This weekend I had the honor of doing a wedding cake for a very sweet couple.

I tried out a new support system in their cake and really loved the ease it provided. I had no problems transporting their cake completely assembled! That means less time at the venue, less mess, etc.

This cake turned out lovely. It was the embodiment of simple yet elegant. Black and white.

I dare say I broke one of the 10 commandments as I walked away from setting this baby up. Not only was her wedding my favorite colors, her pattern of damask matches my bedroom, and her choice of flowers my all time favorites- Hydrangeas and Orchids. Oh yes- this wedding made me covet the reception and want to get married again! (Not to someone else... maybe just a big renewal ceremony?)

The monogram was made to look exactly like the couple napkins- and I have to give my handwriting genius the credit for it.

No comments: