Friday, January 15, 2010

Spa Tote Cake



Today we celebrate my precious daughter's birthday. I've realized that although birthday's are fun for kids, they are amazing times for us parents' to reflex on that child's birth, their life so far, and the amazing way that we have been blessed. Much more rewarding then my own birthday for sure!

The big party is tomorrow, so I have been super busy with all the hustle and bustle.

I decided to go with a Spa bag for her cake, which fits our theme great.

This is 4 tiers of round cake. The ends are cut off on 2 sides and shaped slightly, leaving rounded edges. The top was cut to fit the cake out of fondant, then the sides were put on in 2 separate pieces, leaving seams on both sides for the seams of the bag. Stripes were put on, a sewing tool was used to create stitches on the strips and all the seams.

Inside the bad lay an eyemask to match the polka dots ones we have for the girls, a towel, and a slipper. Because I wanted to only use these colors, the things inside the bag faded instead of standing out. I wish I would have colored the fondant "inside" (aka the top) a dark color and make the strap green. Had this been for someone else I would have changed it, but it's only for us.

I love the way this turned out in person and wish I had been able to capture it better on camera!

No comments: