Friday, May 7, 2010

Flowers and Stripes galore!


Yes, once again this poor blog has been neglected. It is a lot to keep up with! CakeAffection now has a Facebook page as well where we post new pics of our cakes as they are done- check us out!

This cake was done for a charity, and I wanted it to look like a Parisian hotel that I stayed in while in Paris a few years ago.. for those who have never been, Parisian style is somewhat mismatched, and floral, yet at the same time it works and comes across as stylish. They are geniuses in my book!

This cake, done with bold black stripes, is balanced with the two hot pink anemone flowers, I made these with a 3 petal rose cutter! I think they turned out pretty cute.

The "fringe" around the flower centers is a cut circle, then I sniped the edges with a tiny pair of scissors. Each flower took about 1 hr. to make.

This cake is finished with a spray of luster dust... how you you go wrong with it?!

No comments: